How can I get rid of body acne scars? African-American, oil sensitive skin (Photo)

After my 2nd chicken pox , I was 8-12 years old which left bad acne scars. I've began to get more scars due to small rashes,burns wing worms, and acne underneath scaring. I've tried lightening cream it but my skin is only making the scar more visible . I have scaring on my chest , arms, back, legs and face. I'm in deep need of help. I heard Tattoo removal laser is a good way to get rid of acne scarring is that true.. feeling confident for once and clear skin with help me 100%

Scars in African American

In my opinion, you will need a combination of treatments to decrease the pigmentation and improve the acne scars. For the raised  scars, injections with verapamil or 5-fluorouracil are safe for dark skin. To remove the hyperpigmented staining, a combination of bleaching creams with chemical peeling is safe and effective. It is important to do medium strength peeling so that the area does not get inflamed and have the potential to turn darker. Pretreatment with bleaching cream is also recommended. Find a doctor with experience in treating African American skin. Ask to see photos. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Melarase creams for hyperpigmentation and body acne scars

You would be an excellent candidate for our HiDef acne scar treatments for pigmented scars that includes light chemical peels, Melarase creams, exfoliation, and Hydrafacial treatments. Clear and Brilliant laser can be incorporated into your treatments. 

Start with Melarase creams. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Yag laser, peel

The treatment needs to be individualized .It is impossible to totally rep m be the marks but they can be improved.cA combination of bleaching cream and. Switched laser can lighten the dark marks safely.A test spot would be advised to monitor individual response.

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

African American and Scars

The best combination for these treatments would be a hydroquinone and Retin-A or Retinols for topical priming of the skin followed by chemical peels. It will take a few months but it will gradually clear these marks.  Best, Dr. Green