Is it ok to apply .2% nifedipine in petrolatum ointment to facial wrinkles?

I have read that some studies have shown that applying nifedipine to face can reduce the depth of wrinkles. I have been prescribed .2% nifedipine in petrolatum ointment to apply to anal fissure. Fissure healed great, now wondering what happens if I apply this stuff to my face?

Use Medicine As Prescribed

I would use it as it was prescribed. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist to go over skin care and options. There are many options for wrinkles including lasers, radiofrequency, Sculptra for collagen building, botox and fillers. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer