Getting rid of horizontal neck lines and extra skin on the neck? I'm not overweight and I'm only 26! (photos)

I have 2 pretty deep horizontal neck lines and extra skin on my neck. I'm only 26 and I'm 5'2, 110 pounds. I'm not at all overweight but my mother has the same problem. How can I correct this before it gets much worse? I'm very insecure about my neck as it makes me look look line I'm overweight and it's ugly in pictures!

Improving horizontal neck lines

These can be corrected with the Infini. This is RF that causes tightening. Also, filler can be injected into these areas. Things will improve but not go completely away remember.

Premature Wrinkles on your Neck

Thank you for your question.  We address these problems daily with our patients.  Our best option for non-invasive volume loss is bulk heating of the skin.  We use a radio frequency device called Pelleve.  It is a very pleasant 30 minute procedure that feels like a warm rock massage.  It gently warms the skin and hold it at the target temperature for 3-5 minutes.  This causes the underlying collagen to contract.  Your body recognizes the sub-dermal injury and responds with additional collagen production.

We generally recommend a series of visits scheduled 4 weeks apart.  A general guideline is 1 treatment for every decade of your age.  The results are cumulative.  It takes your body 90-120 days to rebuild collagen.  After the initial treatment series, we recommend a maintenance treatment every 6-12 months.

We recommend finding an experienced physician in your area.  Treatment prices vary by market. 

Laura Riehm, MD
Fort Worth Physician

Skin Tightening Solutions with VASER, ThermiRF, ultrasound, Botox, Thermage, belotero/volbella

Fillers can be used to fill in neck lines -- belotero and volbella are best options here. There are many options for sagging neck including: botox, thermage and ultherapy. Other options include VASER liposuction with ThermiRF which gives the most contouring and skin tightening, if you're a candidate.  Please see an expert for an evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Horizontal neck lines

HI courtneykovich. Filler can be used to improve the horizontal neck lines. In addition, a skin resurfacing treatment (ie microneedling, lasers) can be used to improve the skin texture & lines. Good luck. Best, Dr H 

Sanaz Harirchian, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck lines

I'd say this is fairly normal and you probably notice it because you've seen it on your mom.  However, I understand your concern and the key is not to go overboard.  Preventing it from getting deeper should help.  Microneedling, occasionaly laser therapy, retinol, and checking your posture or neck position (e.g. do you do something like flex your neck regularly when reading).  

Cain R. Linville, MD