What is the most up to date technology to improve severe rolling acne scars?

I had a consult with my dermatologist and recommended I get fractora rf and smartxide dot to improve my severe rolling ac e scars on my cheeks and jaw line. Is there any newer technology that I should be aware of that may give better and or faster results?

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

I agree the procedures you were offered work well.  But it is best to have a combination approach to get improvement.  I do lasers, microneedling/PRP, RF and fillers together to get quicker improved results.  Best, Dr. Emer.

New Treatments & Devices May Not Necessarily Be Better, But Are Often More Expensive For Treating Acne Scars

As with many things, supposedly new and improved, which often translates into more expensive, may not necessarily be better than less expensive, tried and true, methods for treating acne scars. To date, I have been totally underwhelmed by fraxels, radiofrequency devices, and ultrasound machines in the treatment of acne scars, finding their results variable, subtle, and inconsistent and basically a whole lot more backed by device manufacturer supported marketing hype than hard science.

Subcision, on the other hand, is a proven method, with an over two decades old track record  for treating depressed scars of all kinds, including rolling scars from acne. It is relatively inexpensive, quick to perform, and engenders little to no significant downtime.

Medical microneedling is another relatively inexpensive technique with over fifteen years of history behind it that is useful for blending the tone and texture of the treated areas with the surrounding normal skin. It, too, gives rise to little or no significant downtime.

The following was written in the July/August 2015 edition of one of our trade journals, Modern Aesthetics:

"Devices in many categories--lasers, light sources, ultrasound, radiofrequency, and combinations of those--are now user-friendlier and widely available at both physician offices and non-physician spas. Patients hear about them from the media and ask for them by name. Unfortunately, the results don't always keep up with the hype." 

So, be cautious when considering to spend for one of the "next best thing" devices that seem to come along virtually every day. 

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Rolling acne scars - state of the art treatment

I think the state of the art is Infini, plus/minus PRP and Bellafill. I'd start out with Infini, at least 3 sessions. After that, deeper scars can be filled with Bellafill. My link says it all.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Rolling Scars and Best Treatment NYC

There are a number of treatments for acne scars.  I would definitely consider Fraxel or eMatrix as the best treatments.  I sometimes combine these treatments with PRP and microneedling as well depending on the scars.  Please consult an expert for the best results.  Best, Dr. Green