I'm 39 years old and have started noticing my skin getting crepey around eyes and directly below my eyes in the cheek area.

I don't want to get rid of my freckles just refresh my skin and maybe stop the wrinkles from getting deeper for a few years.What is the best treatment?

Treatment for crepey skin around eyes

Wrinkles around the eyes, otherwise known as crow’s feet, can be minimized with Botox injections.  As for the skin changes, crepey skin can be improved with skin resurfacing modalities such as laser resurfacing and chemical peeling.

Rochester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crepey Skin Around Eyes

Hi and thank you for your question!

As mentioned below, starting on a good skin care regimen will be helpful to prevent things from progressing as quickly. Also using a neuromodulator, such as Botox or Dysport, and resurfacing lasers to stimulate collagen. Most lasers or resurfacing may lighten your freckles somewhat, but shouldn't remove them all. If there is any volume loss or hollowness, a filler can help and will allow the area to look more rested & refreshed.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

I suggest a combination approach with lasers, fillers,skin care and microneedling/PRP for treatment of under eye wrinkles. We have also seen great improvement in patients that use Clear + Brilliant after microneedling for aging. Please seek an expert for a consultation. Best, Dr. Emer

Refresh and Prevent with 3D Laser Skin Tightening

Prevention is a very important piece of the puzzle where anti-aging is concerned. We use the newest, cutting-edge technology to not only treat patients' concerns, but more importantly, to prevent potential issues from worsening. An in-person consultation would be key for us to assess your current condition and skin type as well as better understand your goals. Based on your description, it sounds like you might benefit from a series of 3D laser. Our 3D laser treatment can be performed on the face & neck or neck alone and is a powerhouse collagen builder. This treatment combines Collagenesis and Vbeam to build collagen in different ways, on both a deeper and more superficial level for an overall three-dimensional tightening effect. The treatment is often done in a series of 3, spaced 2-4 weeks apart and involves very minimal discomfort and no downtime. You would leave the office looking refreshed and your skin would continue to improve over time. 

Dennis Gross, MD

Treatment under the eyes.

There are several options to treat the area under the eyes.  The best option depends on the patient. The amount of fat herniation, hollowing around the orbit, skin laxity, and other factors really need to be considered.  Improvements can often be made with fillers in the area, chemical peels, or non-ablative laser therapy.  For more significant changes, blepharoplasty, fat grafting, or ablative lasers can be used.  Also Botox is very helpful for the "crow's feet" area.  At your age, and from your description, it would seem that less invasive options would be more appropriate, but would recommend consultation with a surgeon to help make the decision.  Best of luck.

John Harbison, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon