Is there anything I can do to lighten this scar?

Unfortunately I come from a very hot and sunny country. I tried to avoid sun exposure as much as possible for the first 4 weeks. It's my fifth week and I've had to be in the sun for long periods of time. I had an open rhinoplasty and the scar has become a dark pink, it's therefore much more evident. Is there anything I can do to lighten this scar? Please help, it's become very obvious and I'm feeling really uncomfortable! Thank you!

Acne Scars on Face/Body -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2, Erbium), TCA Cross, Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Fillers, Tattooing, Surgery

Avoid the sun and use proper sun protection when outdoors. If the scar persists, it can probably be treated with lasers, micro needling. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Dark scars and Melarase PM

I would suggest Melarase PM and Plato's Scar Serum for your dark scars. Fractional laser may also help reduce the discoloration. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Scar

Hello and thank you for your question. The most important thing you can do for your scar is keeping it out of the sun. If you must be in the sun, I would suggest an adequate sun screen to ensure you have good sun protection. You can also speak to your surgeon about a temporary bleaching agent that may lighten the scar. Best Wishes Theodore T. Nyame MD 

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician