I have small craters on my face. Is there any remedy for this? (Photo)

I have had this crater on my face for 2 months and it seems like it's not getting smaller at all. I always put polyspirin hoping that it will fill up the hole but it seems it's not working. and the other hole on the top of my cheek just appeared 2 days ago and I never had any acne or big pimples in those area. just quite depressing seeing this from time to time. is there any remedy for this?

Doctor Answers 4

Dermal Fillers May Be the Answer

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

While it is not really visible in the picture, “craters” like you are describing can be successfully treated with dermal fillers. A full evaluation from a specialist would be able to provide more treatment options catered specifically to your condition.

Scar Solutions with lasers, microneedling/prp, subcision and fillers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It's really difficult to tell from your pictures. Indentations can be improved with a combination of lasers, microneedling/prp, subcision and fillers. You also have some facial redness that can be improved with a combination of lasers. I recommend getting a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 202 reviews

Skin problems that aren't going away

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I don't see any areas of indentation on the picture. I do see some redness. Please get evaluated by a skin specialist. It could be an acne problem that needs topicals or oral medication.

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 52 reviews

Holes in face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello and thanks for your question, 

I can't see the areas your talking about in the picture. My first recommendation would be to seek an opinion from a dermatologist you trust in your area. They can rule out any serious medical problems that are manifesting with skin issues. 

As to how to get of these areas it's difficult to say as I can't see the holes from the picture. Subcision, dermabrasion, laser resurfacing, and excision are just several ways to address this and similar problems. Hope this helps and God Bless!

Dr. Robb

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.