Acne break out. Do I need to take Accutane and stop Doxycycline?

Hi, after our camping i had a skin allergy to my expose area both of my lower legs and arms.it is very ichy.doctor told me that it might be a poison oak.and prescripe me a prednisone 50mg for 2weeks and tapering 10mg weekly until 10mg.after i finished my prednisone medication.my acne started to break out.and prescribe me with doxycline 100mg once a day for 3 months.then after 1 week my acne become worse.and prescribe me with accutane.what should i do?do i need to tak accutane and stop doxycline?

Accutane vs Doxycycline

Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear about your recent struggles with acne and rashes. In my experience, both Accutane and doxycycline are effective medications in treating acne, but you need to weigh the risks and benefits of each medication. Also, the duration of therapy for each medication varies, and there are more responsibilities when taking Accutane. Deciding which treatment is best for you is based on your goals, commitment, costs, etc. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist regarding your acne and treatment options that best suit your needs. Take care and good luck.