I'm male and now have marks they are very dark after having lots of pimples - what should I do?

Hyperpigmentation from acne scars is very common and can be frustrating. The main thing you need to know if that doing stronger more aggressive is not the thing to do if you have darker skin color. Any laser could make it worse if your skin is not prepared. I would start with a good skin care regimen that includes a skin bleacher, Retin A and sun screen. Then you can do some light chemical/ microdermabrasion. Find a good Dermatologist or Pastic Surgeon and get a skin evaluation first. I wish you luck!

Improving PIH from acne

Without pictures, it is hard to say exactly. These can improve in general with Retin A, hydroquinone, and chemical peels. If not improving after 4-5 months, consider laser therapy.

Steven F. Weiner, MD