Can this scar be fixed? (Photo)

I had an accident when I was a small,because of which my mom says I underwent plastic surgery. The doctor did not do a good job as the scar can still be seen and I am 19 now. Can it be fixed with laser surgery or do I have to have another plastic surgery. In the picture you will see near my ear.

Doctor Answers 5

Fractional laser

There are a variety of treatments for scars but check out on fractional lasers in the treatment of scars

London Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

Lasers and RF for facial scars

Lasers and RF can improve scars on the face. For discolored scars, I would suggest Plato's Scar Serum and Melarase PM creams. 


Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 94 reviews

Scars, lasers and other methods

V vvv difficult to commit given the photos. All scars can be IMPROVED to a degree, however the treatment of choice will be best determined upon examination. Surgical revision can be done, so can laser, however an face to face consult with a procedural dermatologist or plastic surgeon (or ENT in this case) is needed. Solutions are always possible,
Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist
4.7 out of 5 stars 75 reviews

You might also like...

Laser surgery

It is certainly not guarenteed that a laser procedure will be able to "fix" your scar.  You may want to try a fractional CO2 laser resurfacing procedure.  Be sure to seek out this treatment from a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for optimal results.  In the end, you may need a "scar-revision" procedure to get the results you want.  Good luck!

M. David Cole, MD, FAAD
Newport Beach Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

Hard to assess the scar

It is difficult to assess the picture you have submitted.  However, there is no way to completely remove a scar.  There are many ways to hide the appearance of a scar by resurfacing it and using lasers to decreased the contrast between your normal skin tone and the scar.  I may have good options.  I recommend you consult with a physician to be evaluated.  Good luck.

Payman Kosari, MD, FAAD

Payman Kosari, MD, FAAD
Charlotte Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.