Can this scar be fixed? (Photo)

I had an accident when I was a small,because of which my mom says I underwent plastic surgery. The doctor did not do a good job as the scar can still be seen and I am 19 now. Can it be fixed with laser surgery or do I have to have another plastic surgery. In the picture you will see near my ear.

Lasers and RF for facial scars

Lasers and RF can improve scars on the face. For discolored scars, I would suggest Plato's Scar Serum and Melarase PM creams. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Scars, lasers and other methods

V vvv difficult to commit given the photos. All scars can be IMPROVED to a degree, however the treatment of choice will be best determined upon examination. Surgical revision can be done, so can laser, however an face to face consult with a procedural dermatologist or plastic surgeon (or ENT in this case) is needed. Solutions are always possible,
Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Laser surgery

It is certainly not guarenteed that a laser procedure will be able to "fix" your scar.  You may want to try a fractional CO2 laser resurfacing procedure.  Be sure to seek out this treatment from a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for optimal results.  In the end, you may need a "scar-revision" procedure to get the results you want.  Good luck!

M. David Cole, MD, FAAD
Newport Beach Dermatologist

Hard to assess the scar

It is difficult to assess the picture you have submitted.  However, there is no way to completely remove a scar.  There are many ways to hide the appearance of a scar by resurfacing it and using lasers to decreased the contrast between your normal skin tone and the scar.  I may have good options.  I recommend you consult with a physician to be evaluated.  Good luck.

Payman Kosari, MD, FAAD

Payman Kosari, MD, FAAD
Charlotte Dermatologic Surgeon