Is there anything I can do to reduce the appearance of cellulite in my thighs and butt area?

Cellulite appears when I stand only but seems to be smooth when I sit or lay. Smart Lipo was suggested but the doctor said the procedure is now outdated. I would like no down time if possible. Is there anything new on the market that could help me reduce this appearance?

How do I Treat My Cellulite?

CellFina is the answer!

Potions and lotions or topical skin procedures do not work and although side firing lasers can be used to treat the septal bands that pull down of the skin creating dimpling and dents of the buttock thigh area it also can melt fat and tighten skin from its heat source.

CellFina is performed under local with minimal discomfort pain and individually cuts the bands just beneath the skin with a precise microblade.

You will have some mild discomfort and bruising for a few weeks but it appears to be a permanant solution and we are seeing truly great results in the right patients.

All my Best!

Dr Bengtson

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite removal

Your cellulite problem is a common one. Fortunately, finally there are effective ways to minimize this problem. Perhaps the least invasive one is  Cellfina™. Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least two years—the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite, Cellfina™, combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology, to produce precise, long-lasting results and has a high satisfaction rating on RealSelf. Together with Velashape 3, a non invasive procedure to help "shrink wrap the skin" and further minimize cellulite as a combination treatment is perhaps your best chance for taking care of this tough problem. Cellulaze is also a possible treatment but much more invasive

Best Options?

For treating #cellulite, my office typically recommends one of three treatment plans: #Cellfina, #VelaShape III, #ThremiSmooth.

#Cellfina is the newest technology and probably most effective. It is a minimally invasive one-time procedure under local anesthetic that removes the fibrous bands under the skin that cause fat to bulge through creating the appearance of cellulite. The results are fairly #permanent.

#VelaShape and #ThermiSmooth are #non-invasive #bodyshaping products that can help reduce the appearance of your cellulite over the course of multiple sessions.

Book an in-person consultation with a #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon to determine which treatment plan is right for you.

Best of luck.

Cellfina / Cellulite Reduction/ Liposuction/ Skin Tightening / BBL/ High Definition Procedures

Thank you for you question.

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.  It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.  Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.
Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.
Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure. It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.  It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Cellulite Treatments

Thank you for your question. My preference for cellulite reduction depending upon candidacy is Cellfina. Cellfina is FDA cleared to reduce the appearance of cellulite for 2 years and has a high patient satisfaction rate. Cellfina treats the structural cause of cellulite which are the connective bands woven throughout the fat. The treatment only takes approximately 45 minutes and there is minimal downtime. We also perform Bodyfx for smoothing and cellulite reduction which is better suited for some patients or ideal in combination with Cellfina. 

Dr. Kathleen Morno

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

Treatment for cellulite

Cellfina very effectively treats cellulite on the thighs and buttocks. It is a straightforward treatment which takes about an hour to perform and is associated with a quick, relatively pain free recovery. Patient satisfaction has been over 90% over two years.

Cellulite -- Vaser Smooth, ThermiRF, Cellfina, Fat Transfer, Subcision

We love cellfina in our practice and find that gives the most long term improvement.  We combine this with non invasive options.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Reducing Cellulite with Cellfina

I recommend Cellfina to my patients who want to reduce their appearance of cellulite, the only FDA-approved method. This treatment is effective in smoothing the appearance of the skin by treating the primary structural cause of cellulite. The procedure is quite simple and there is little downtime. With just one procedure averaging 1 hour in duration, Cellfina can restores the appearance of your legs and bottom area. The skin is smoothed out after bouncing back from suctioning the areas of concern. Cellfina may cause some soreness and bruising, but the pain is minimal.
Results are shown to last two years.

Jay Burns, MD