Is prolonged use of Benzoyl Peroxide safe?

I am currently using clindamycin; I understand that prolonged use of an antibiotic could lead to a "super infection". However, I want to use Benzoyl Peroxide as a continued therapy for acne. Does it also potentiate the risk of a "super infection" like antibiotics do? Thanks.

Long term benzoyl peroxide use

Thank you for your question. You are correct that there is a risk of developing bacterial resistance with prolonged use of antibiotics, but presently, there is no evidence showing resistance to benzoyl peroxide. So in my opinion, using benzoyl peroxide long term is safe. I recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist in your area regarding your questions and concerns. Take care and good luck.