How to Get Rid of Deep Under Eye Circles?

I have had dark circles under my eyes for as long as I can remember. Over time they are getting worse and makeup does not cover them up. I am very frustrated! I am 20 and I look awful, I need to get rid of them. PLEASE HELP ME!

Doctor Answers 2

No question about under eye Restylane

Dear MissKimberly,

I can't tell you how many young actresses your age come see me for under eye Restylane. Under eye fill is a huge not so secret way of dealing with the dark circle. You need to find an experienced injector who is comfortable with this type of treatment. Not every dermatologist or plastic surgeon does this type of service. Because treatment does last for 1 to 2 years it is worth researching the right person who ideally will practice in your community to if you have an issue, treatment can be adjusted. You might start by looking for a fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeon in your area and confirm with their office that they in face offer the service. The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a directory that will help you find someone in your community:

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

Restylane or Juvederm is best for under eye appearance of circles

Restylane or Juvederm is the best way of helping to deal with your problem. Skillfully injected in this area you should get great results and your "frustration" will disappear with your circles.

Michael Elam, MD
Orange County Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 208 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.