How to Get Rid of Butt Dimples?

I want to get rid of dimples on my butt. Now at 31, I'm surprised I have dimples on my butt. What type of treatment is recommended to have a smooth looking behind, worthy of showing in a bikini?

Butt dimple treatment is here!

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Cellulite is a term that people use to describe several butt contour issues.  Skin laxity, "cottage cheese" and dimples are all encompassed in that term. Treatment for the butt-dimples is now accomplished with a new FDA cleared treatment called Cellfina. The dimples are teathered down with fibrous cords. During the treatment,  the area is numbed with local anesthesia and then the fibrous cords are released which allows the dimple to smooth out.   Some people have only a few dimples, and some people have a more complex combination of dimples, "cottage cheese" and skin laxity in which additional treatment options may be recommended.  An in-person consultation is best to determine the best approach for your specific issues. 

I hope this helps!
Dr. Quenby Erickson

Butt Dimples is a form of cellulite that is treatable

"Butt Dimples" is a form of cellulite that is treatable. 90% of woman have cellulite and the other 10% think they do. Cellulite is a normal female characteristic but can be unsightly. It is not curable but it IS treatable. There are a number of cellulite treatments that have been proven to improve the appearance: SmoothShapes, Velashape, Triactive are a few of the scientifically proven treatments. A more drastic treatment is surgical subcision. This procedure performed under local anesthesia improves butt duimples and cellulite. Subcision is the only treatment that works in one session but the healing process can take a few weeks before you would show off the results to "close friends."

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellfina/Cellulite Treatment/Ultherapy/Thermi RF/Body Contouring/ Hi Definition Procedures

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.

It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy.     I recommend Cellfina in combination with Sculptra or renuva for optimal results.  You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.

Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.

It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser. 

If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.

Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years. 

Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure. 

It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or

Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Thermi250 FDA cleared for cellulite treatment, also Cellfina and ThermiTight are used to treat cellulite in our NYC practice

There are several treatments for cellulite, some more invasive than others.  Even the minimally invasive procedures such as cellfina and ThermiTight involve the use of small needles or cannulae (rods) that pierce the skin to enter the fatty layer. In patients with skin of color, this can lead to post inflammatory hyperpigmentation, or dark spots at the entry sites, which can take many months to resolve, and rarely are the discolorations found to persist long term.

Cellfina breaks up the underlying vertical attachments holding the dimples down, by using a needle that once under the skin’s surface, moves back and forth sideways like a windshield wiper movement. ThermiTight uses radiofrequency energy to tighten the skin by heating the infrastructure and often provides improvement in the skin’s dimples’ appearance. Lastly, ThermiSmooth 250, is non-invasive and may help produce similar tightening as ThermiTight by doing a series of treatments. There is minimal to no downtime with Thermi250.

In some cases, the dimples are so deep that focal fat injections, or fat grafts, are used to fill out the depression.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs. 

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellfina

Thank you for your question. We have been using Cellfina in our practice. It is ideal for the "dimpled cellulite" It is minimally invasive, and will give you long lasting results. It is best to consult with a local physician to decide which treatment will be best for you. Good luck!

Get Rid of Butt Dimples

For treating #cellulite, my office typically recommends one of three treatment plans: #Cellfina, #VelaShape III, #ThremiSmooth.

#Cellfina is the newest technology and probably most effective. It is a minimally invasive one-time procedure under local anesthetic that removes the fibrous bands under the skin that cause fat to bulge through creating the appearance of cellulite. The results are fairly #permanent.

#VelaShape and #ThermiSmooth are #non-invasive #bodyshaping products that can help reduce the appearance of your cellulite over the course of multiple sessions.

Book an in-person consultation with a #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon to determine which treatment plan is right for you.

Best of luck.

Buttock contour

Buttock dimples are most likely cellulite. You can now reliably improve your contour with the new technology called Celfina. It produces very pleasing long lasting results. Good luck!

Cellfina Produces Improvement in Cellulite That Lasts!

Hello and thank-you for your question!

Cellfina is the latest break though for the treatment of cellulite. The treatment targets the fibrous bands which are the source of the dimpling in cellulite. It is most effective for the treatment of deep dimples and depressions of the buttocks and back of the thighs. it is less effective in the treatment of generalized waviness. Cellfina is a minimally invasive treatment performed in the office. We are seeing an extremely high level of satisfaction for our patients treated with Cellfina. The investigational studies for Cellfina have just been released and have shown an impressive patient satisfaction rate of 85% at 3 months, 94% at one year and 96% at 2 years. This is a very exciting solution for the many women who suffer from the embarrassment of cellulite.

Thank you, Andrew Lyos MD, FACS

Cellfina

Cellfina is a new office based cellulite treatment designed to improve cellulite permanently in a single office treatment.  

Cellulite treatment

One of the most effective treatments for cellulite I have used is a combination of mechanical subcission and skin tightening. . This is done with radio frequency technology in conjunction with sculpting and contouring using liposuction. Many times women need some scuplting in certain area of excess fat , lifting and tightening, as well as cellulite reduction and smoothing out the areas. It allows a plastic surgeon to address specific concerns in specific areas to achieve the patient's goals. Non surgical techniques in my opinion usually requires multiple treatments and is not as effective in addressing the anatomical cause of the condition.