How to Get Rid of Butt Dimples?

I want to get rid of dimples on my butt. Now at 31, I'm surprised I have dimples on my butt. What type of treatment is recommended to have a smooth looking behind, worthy of showing in a bikini?

Butt Dimples is a form of cellulite that is treatable

"Butt Dimples" is a form of cellulite that is treatable. 90% of woman have cellulite and the other 10% think they do. Cellulite is a normal female characteristic but can be unsightly. It is not curable but it IS treatable. There are a number of cellulite treatments that have been proven to improve the appearance: SmoothShapes, Velashape, Triactive are a few of the scientifically proven treatments. A more drastic treatment is surgical subcision. This procedure performed under local anesthesia improves butt duimples and cellulite. Subcision is the only treatment that works in one session but the healing process can take a few weeks before you would show off the results to "close friends."

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Get Rid of Butt Dimples

For treating #cellulite, my office typically recommends one of three treatment plans: #Cellfina, #VelaShape III, #ThremiSmooth.

#Cellfina is the newest technology and probably most effective. It is a minimally invasive one-time procedure under local anesthetic that removes the fibrous bands under the skin that cause fat to bulge through creating the appearance of cellulite. The results are fairly #permanent.

#VelaShape and #ThermiSmooth are #non-invasive #bodyshaping products that can help reduce the appearance of your cellulite over the course of multiple sessions.

Book an in-person consultation with a #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon to determine which treatment plan is right for you.

Best of luck.

Butt dimple treatment is here!

Cellulite is a term that people use to describe several butt contour issues.  Skin laxity, "cottage cheese" and dimples are all encompassed in that term. Treatment for the butt-dimples is now accomplished with a new FDA cleared treatment called Cellfina. The dimples are teathered down with fibrous cords. During the treatment,  the area is numbed with local anesthesia and then the fibrous cords are released which allows the dimple to smooth out.   Some people have only a few dimples, and some people have a more complex combination of dimples, "cottage cheese" and skin laxity in which additional treatment options may be recommended.  An in-person consultation is best to determine the best approach for your specific issues. 

I hope this helps!
Dr. Quenby Erickson

Buttock contour

Buttock dimples are most likely cellulite. You can now reliably improve your contour with the new technology called Celfina. It produces very pleasing long lasting results. Good luck!

Cellfina Produces Improvement in Cellulite That Lasts!

Hello and thank-you for your question!

Cellfina is the latest break though for the treatment of cellulite. The treatment targets the fibrous bands which are the source of the dimpling in cellulite. It is most effective for the treatment of deep dimples and depressions of the buttocks and back of the thighs. it is less effective in the treatment of generalized waviness. Cellfina is a minimally invasive treatment performed in the office. We are seeing an extremely high level of satisfaction for our patients treated with Cellfina. The investigational studies for Cellfina have just been released and have shown an impressive patient satisfaction rate of 85% at 3 months, 94% at one year and 96% at 2 years. This is a very exciting solution for the many women who suffer from the embarrassment of cellulite.

Thank you, Andrew Lyos MD, FACS

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Cellfina is a new office based cellulite treatment designed to improve cellulite permanently in a single office treatment.  

John Burns, MD

Cellulite treatment

One of the most effective treatments for cellulite I have used is a combination of mechanical subcission and skin tightening. . This is done with radio frequency technology in conjunction with sculpting and contouring using liposuction. Many times women need some scuplting in certain area of excess fat , lifting and tightening, as well as cellulite reduction and smoothing out the areas. It allows a plastic surgeon to address specific concerns in specific areas to achieve the patient's goals. Non surgical techniques in my opinion usually requires multiple treatments and is not as effective in addressing the anatomical cause of the condition. 

Cheri Ong, MD, FACS

Buttock dimples - try Sculptra

I have been very pleased with Sculptra as a way to fill out buttock or hip indentations. I find that the procedure requires little to no downtime and is office based. I have done minor dimples, hip indentations to full buttock augmentations using Sculptra, albeit the latter is for people who want a modest augmentation and with little fat to donate. At times, if the indentation is associated with a scar, then subcision or a scar release may also be warranted.
Alternatively, fat grafting is a great option, but does have more downtime and requires you have enough fat to donate.

How to Achieve Dimple-free Buttocks

Dimples on your buttocks indicate that you’ve got cellulite. Cellulite normally occurs in areas with fat accumulation, such as the buttocks, thighs, flanks, abdomen, and upper legs Furthermore, it is estimated that 85% - 90% of all women over 20 have some degree of cellulite. But don’t despair. There are a number of treatments available that can reduce or even eliminate cellulite. .

One treatment that I’ve seen produce excellent results is Venus Legacy, a new body contouring protocol that is especially effective for eliminating cellulite in the buttocks. This non-surgical treatment has been proven to destroy fat, break down cellulite, and tighten skin. Typically, patients see tighter skin, a loss of inches, and a smoothing of cellulites dimples in as 2 or 3 treatments. However, it will take 8-10 treatments to see optimal results, depending on the severity of the cellulite.

Hal Michael Bass, MD

Cellulaze is a minimally invasive treatment that uses a laser probe inserted through tiny incisions under the skin. The laser energy is delivered to the deep surface of the skin to tighten the skin and release the bands that cause dimples. It is probably the most effective cellulite treatment on the market today. Your results will depend on the physicians understanding and experience with the technology so be sure to see a board certified physician in your area with an expertise in Cellulaze. In my practice in the Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what Cellulaze can do for them. Good luck! Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon