What are my options to help with acne scars? (photos)

Treatment for acne scars

It is important to understand that acne scars are the result of active infection in the skin which can lead to tissue loss and scarring if it is severe. The first fundamental is reducing the infection and the acne pimples by improving skin health with effective medical skin care.  Acne pimples are the result of an infection in the oil glands in the skin and this must be controlled in order to reduce the handle of scarring and before treatment for acne scars can be done.
    In our experience with multiple options including lasers, dermabrasion, and others, we have had the best results in improving acne scars with a new procedure called Infini RF which combines micro needling with focused radio frequency energy delivered from the needle tip.  This technology can be used on almost any skin type and, if done properly, has the best outcomes of all treatment options in my experience.  We require preparation and pre treatment of the skin before Infini RF which improves results and consistency.

Treat acne and prevent acne scars

Agreed. You still have active acne. The plan of action is to firstly treat your acne, and prevent scars, then find effective methods such as fractional lasers, RF, TCA and fillers to address the remaining scars. 

Attached a short clip on how I approach active acne with scarring. 

All the best 

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Active acne and scars

In my opinion, you still have active acne with scarring. I notice that you have depressed boxcars, saucer-shaped cars, hyperpigmentation, and small pits. I believe in the short term you should use a salicylic acid wash and get the acne under control. Once the acne is under control, subcision, ablative and non ablative lasers , TCA cross as well as RF microneedling (infini)would be helpful. As your skin is  darker, it's important to pre and post treat with bleaching creams. Find a doctor has experience in treating acne scars. Ask to see photos. Hope this helps. Good luck. 

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Treating Acne Scars

A combination approach is needed.  First you need to have your acne under control to prevent future scars.  Next, a combination of treatments such as eMatrix laser, fillers, Sculptra, and micro needling can be used to treat these scars.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

I suggest a combination of fillers, lasers and skin care.  Microneedling and PRP will help as well.  Please see an expert for treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.