What can I do for wrinkles under my eyes?

I just had fat under my eyes removed 6 weeks ago. I am really happy with the results. When I smile or look in the mirror I notice wrinkles. My main question is what can I do to diminish them?

If the wrinkles under your eyes occur when you smile then Botox would help, if present at rest then laser.

In other words, if the wrinkles are dynamic and occur /worsen when you smile then sedating or quieting down the activity of the overactive muscle around your eye will help reduce those wrinkles. There is no downtime at all with this. If the wrinkles are there at rest, they may be due to a creepy quality to the skin itself and can be improved with either Erbium laser resurfacing or Fractionated laser resurfacing. There is minimal downtime with this.

Cleveland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Laser Resurfacing, Eclipse Micropen, Viva/Intensif

Fillers, lasers, microneedling/PRP along with skin care help this area to avoid surgery. I suggest you see an expert for a consult.

Thanks for your question – photos, as noted, would be helpful.  At this time after your procedure, you should have a consultation with either a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to determine what would be best for you to minimize the wrinkling in this area.  One may start with topicals and if that does not do the trick, perhaps some toxin – placed by very skilled injectors.  As well, lasers may be useful but also radiofrequency (RF) to the area.  ThermiSmooth to this area works incredible well and may be the needed thing to make these lines and wrinkles disappear.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Wrinkles under eye treatment

Sometimes too much fat is taken out and this might be the cause. To treat the wrinkles, Botox, topicals, and laser resurfacing are all options. A good evaluation in person will determine what is best for you.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lines under the eye

Lines under the eye may not respond well to Botox treatment.  Often the lines are crisscrossing and are termed Crepey skin.  While CO2 laser, fillers such as Restylane and surgery are options but lately a lot of improvement is being accomplished with skin tightening devices such as Infini radiofrequency microneedling.

Samuel Siddiqui, MD
Delray Beach Physician

Hello and thank you for your question. I agree with the comments below. Photographs are helpful to understand where the wrinkles are located. With that said many people have noticed improvement of the lower eyelid wrinkles with a non-invasive skin tightening. Best Wishes

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately without a full series of pictures it is difficult to offer definite advice as either Botox, dermal fillers, surgery or a combination of treatments may be useful.  Most commonly wrinkles that develop as you smile are best treated with Botox or one of the other neuromodulators.  Hope this helps.