I have stretch marks after breast augmentation. What can I do with them? (Photo)

I had a breast augmentation 9 months ago. I received after 2 months a lot of red stretch marks and I lost sensitivity on my breast. What can I do with stretch marks to go away or to be white? And please tell me if I have problems with my left one. It looks a bit different and I don't fill it.

Stretchmark treatment options

Thank you for this wonderful question! There is finally a treatment offered for at home use that is FDA proven to reduce the appearance of stretchmarks. I have been using this treatment for over the past year with wonderful results for my patients. The Strialite works by utilizing LED at a cellular level to stimulate your own collagen production which in turn reduces the appearance of stretchmarks.

There are options for resurfacing the dermal area as well as excising the portion of skin which contains stretchmarks. I offer and utilize both of the modalities as well but the truth is not every patient requires this extensive of a treatment option. 

Having the ability to administer the treatment yourself in the comfort of your own home with ability to see results in as little as 4 weeks has proven a comfortable alternative for patients who may not require a more invasive approach. 

I hope you have found this information helpful and I wish you luck!

South Bend Plastic Surgeon

Stretch Mark Solutions include: lasers, microneedling/prp and radiofrequency

Stretch marks can be treated with lasers, microneedling/PRP, medical tattooing.  I suggest a formal consultation with an expert, which can also address asymmetries. Best, Dr. Emer.

Stretch marks on breast after augmention

If they are red, using a VBeam or Excel V laser is a good start. Laser resurfacing can also be performed. Infini has benefits as does PRP in this as well. Microneedling can help too. These are difficult to eradicate, expect some improvement though.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Stretch marks and treatment

Thanks for your question and photo. The fractional CO2 laser is a great option to treat stretch marks. This laser resurfaces and tightens the skin to help improve stretch marks. Typically patients need 4-6 treatments every 2 weeks. Please visit a board certified dermatologist in your area for an in person consultation. Hope this helps! Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD