Very confused by the different anti-aging laser and facial treatments. What are the differences?

The more I read, the more I'm confused. I want to know of the most effective options and compare long-term cost and downtime. I work in a busy professional office, can't take off much, and work hard for every buck. I'm good for 47 but for ~1yr., have noticed loss of elasticity on face and other areas, marionette lines, and pronounced crow's feet when I laugh. Hyperpigmentation is mostly from scarring but showing more. I'd like to correct and prevent worsening or reoccurring signs of aging.

Facials Treatments

There are multiple treatments that can address your concerns. Filler is an option to replace the loss of volume in your face. Dysport or Botox could relax your crow's feet. The Halo laser is one of the best to address hyperpigmentation. If you want a more permanent solution there's surgery. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to find out about your options.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for your query.Thermi RF is the best solution for you. It takes care of your fine lines , sagging skin , jowls , wrinkles in just one sitting, thereby giving a new look to you. For a nice glow you can invest your time in chemical peeling once or twice a month, this will gradually improve your texture and also give a very good glow to your skin.
All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Treating Elasticity, Fine Lines & Wrinkles and Hyperpigmentation with Minimal Downtime

Unfortunately there is no such thing as one treatment that does it all, rather the best results will come from targeted treatments, each specializing in a separate area of concern. Based on the concerns you outlined, there are quite a few different treatment options, but again, each for a different aspect. In my practice we pride ourselves on highly effective treatments with minimal to no downtime, perfectly suited for a busy professional like yourself. Crows feet will be most effectively treated with a neuromodulator such as Botox or Dysport. Marionettes are best treated with hyaluronic acid filler. Elasticity can be greatly improved with a skin tightening, collagen-boosting laser, such as our 3D laser. 3D laser is a combination of two lasers, both working in different ways to build collagen on both a deeper and more superficial level, providing an overall three-dimensional tightening effect. IPL, or Intense Pulsed Light, is great for evening out the skin tone and reducing hyperpigmentation, however eligibility for this treatment depends on skin tone as it is not suitable for every skin type. The most important thing to remember is that your treatment plan should be customized in a way that most effectively and efficiently achieves your goals. 

Dennis Gross, MD

Improvements in texture, tone and volume

There are many roads to the same destination, depending on your skin quality, skin type and what you would like to achieve. The balance between skin texture, tone and volume is important. Lasers are only one way to achieve an improvement in wrinkles and texture. Other methods include Botox, fillers and other energy devices. In this short Youtube video, I am only showing you lasers for extreme sun damage.  Your Specialist will come up with a program that addresses your concerns. Dr Davin Lim , Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Facial Aging and Lasers, Peels, Fillers, Botox, Skin Care, Fat Injections/Sculptra, RF skin tightening

There is a lot you can do for facial aging with fillers, lasers, skin tightening, surgery, fat. I suggest you see an expert to go through all the options.  A combination approach is best. Dr. Emer

Treatments for aging skin

Thank you for your question emartha69. There are many treatment options for various aspects of aging and it can get very confusing. It is important to determine what is most important for each person: most effective results, minimal recovery time, and financial investment. It is difficult to find treatments that are extremely effective with minimal recovery time and a small investment. Elasticity can be addressed with retinoids and various skin tightening treatments such as SkinTyte, Ultherapy, and various radiofrequency modalities. Marionette lines are usually treated best with fillers such as Voluma and Juvederm. Botox works well for crows feet. Pigmentation can be treated with topical products, chemical peels, and various laser treatments such as IPL, laser resurfacing, and fractional lasers. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. GOod luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician