I would like to know more about treatments for acne scarring and the success of these treatments.

Acne scars in Los Angeles

In my practice, I use a combination of Ematrix RF, Clear and Brilliant, acne surgery, acne scar subcision, TCA Cross, and fillers to help improve acne scarring. Microneedling can improve surface texture and improve longterm results. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

You need a cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in acne scarring/pigmentation and does a combination of treatments including: surgery, subcision, or TCA cross for deep or pitted "ice pick" scars; fillers like Bellafill or Sculptra or Radiesse for broad "boxcar" or "rolling" scars; Eclipse Micropen for all types of scars and improvement in texture and tone; lasers such as co2 laser resurfacing or Fraxel/Clear+Brilliant or radiofrequency such as Venus Viva to improve the scars and give long term collagen production. There are many options but you want someone who can customize a regimen for your short and long term goals based on your individual situation. Best, Dr. Emer.

Acne Scars and Treatments

The best acne scar treatments depend on your skin type.  An in person consultation is necessary to asses the nature of the scar and skin types.  Fraxel, eMatrix, Dermabrasion, Sculptra, and Fillers are all the combined modalities that I utilize to have the best results.

Depends on your scar type, skin type and downtime...

Scar revision is highly variable, some patients get 90-95% clearance, whilst others only a 20-30% improvement. The rate limiting factor is the type of acne scars you have. Always find a treatment targeted to your scar type, and skin colour. 

There are multiple treatment modalities including peels, lasers, fillers, surgery, fat transfer, RF, RF needling and even Botox to relax muscles. 

Below is a summary article. My advice is to do some research as to who does acne scar revision in your area. Scar revision can be like orthodontic work- it may take 12 -14 months to complete, depending on the above variables. 
All the best

DR Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
BRISBANE, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist