I have deep, ice pick type scar. What would be the best treatment for me?

Doctor Answers 2

Ice Pick Scars/Acne Scars-TCA Cross, excision, microneedling/prp, lasers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Ice pick scarring needs TCA cross, punch excision and/or surgical removal and often needs to be combined with lasers and microneedling/prp for best results. you should see a scarring expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Ice pick scarring solution

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

These are treated best with TCA cross and/or Infini. Some have recommended punch excision but I wouldn't do that. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 75 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.