The best acne scar treatment available?

I have deep acne scarring on my face and have done a a few laser treatments so far and the results are not too great, I'm wondering what is the very best procedure for my scarring, money isn't a problem and any amount of downtime doesn't matter either. I would also travel anywhere to get it done.

Acne scar

Acne scarring is a common condition that I treat in my clinic. And fortunately, I have had a lot of success with treating this difficult condition. Although you cannot completely erase a scar, there are several available options to make scars much less noticeable. For depressed scars (such as chicken pox scars or some acne scars), there are surgical and nonsurgical options. A combination of excision/repair and then a resurfacing procedure to blend the area is ideal. When surgically removing a scar it is important to ensure proper skin alignment. About 6 weeks later, a resurfacing procedure is most commonly performed in my practice. Although there are several lasers available to treat acne scarring, I have had the greatest success with the fractional CO2 laser. It is important to note that there are even several different types of fractional CO2 lasers, some better than others. Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing purposely injures the skin’s surface in and around the scar, and helps with blending. Lasers also stimulate collagen formation and improve the scar’s surface and texture. Fractional laser resurfacing may be used alone to lower the “shoulders” or elevated portions of a scar. Another option is subcision using a needle to undermine or break apart the tether of the scar. Subcision can be used in combination with fillers or laser resurfacing. Nonsurgical options include soft tissue fillers such as the hyaluronic acid fillers (Restylane, Restylane Lyft, Belotero) for temporary (usually about 1 year) improvement in scars. Prior to any intervention, however, a proper physical exam is necessary by a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne Scar Solutions

HI, we have found success with combining BellaFill Injections along with a dermapen/laser procedure for treating acne scars. This is the best combination to fill in and smooth out the scarring. Good luck!

Acne scars not responding to lasering

We've heard this before. We started out with just lasering and we weren't happy with the results. So we started improving our own way. Over the past 15 years we have improved our process to what we now call the Acne Scar Vitalizer Treatment at 5-7 step process that treats ice pick, box car, depressed, elevated and pigmented scars in about 2 hours. We think of ourselves as the last line of defense for Acne.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Please post photos and see a cosmetic dermatologist with expertise in lasers and scars.  This often needs a combination of fillers, lasers, subcision, and surgical removal.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Deep Acne Scars and Best Treatment

It would be best to post a photo of the scars since different scars require different types of treatments and it also depends on your skin type.  If the scars are very deep you may require a combination of Bellafill or injections and lasers such as eMatrix or Fraxel.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green