Which acne/acne scar treatment would be best for me? Also, will a chin implant work for me? (Photo)

I recently started getting really bad acne, and as results of picking I've been left with lots of acne scars. I'm not completely acne I am using benzoyl peroxide 2.5%. I want to know what treatment will be best for me and where is the best doctor to contact. As far as my chin, it has always been my insecurity. I hate my side profile and always looks like I have a double chin. My ance/scars have put more attention on my chin. I want a facial surgeon who specializes in chin. Thanks!

Doctor Answers 3

Chin surgery and acne prone skin

Thank you for your photos. Your acne prone skin can best be treated with a Jessner's peel and topical retin-A therapy which helps improve the appearance of your scars, skin, and reduces acne breakouts. On your side profile, you do appear to have microgenia or a small chin. A chin implant can help increase your chin projection and dramatically improve your profile, neck, and jawline. It is best to have an in-person evaluation to determine the best treatment plan and appropriate implant sizes needed. Hope this helps!!Johnson C. Lee MDPlastic Surgery

Beverly Hills Physician
5.0 out of 5 stars 12 reviews

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

you must treat the acne before focusing on the scars. I suggest you see an expert who can address both for you at the same time.  Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 190 reviews

PIH and hypoplastic chin

Your acne has left your skin with hyperpigmentation. You need to get the acne under control with a dermatology consult. I would probably recommend Retin A, hydroquinone, and chemical peels. If scarring is found, Infini is a good choice. A chin implant would be beneficial in your case. Maybe Kybella or Coolmini would be helpful too.

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 41 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.