Which acne/acne scar treatment would be best for me? Also, will a chin implant work for me? (Photo)

I recently started getting really bad acne, and as results of picking I've been left with lots of acne scars. I'm not completely acne I am using benzoyl peroxide 2.5%. I want to know what treatment will be best for me and where is the best doctor to contact. As far as my chin, it has always been my insecurity. I hate my side profile and always looks like I have a double chin. My ance/scars have put more attention on my chin. I want a facial surgeon who specializes in chin. Thanks!

Chin surgery and acne prone skin

Thank you for your photos. Your acne prone skin can best be treated with a Jessner's peel and topical retin-A therapy which helps improve the appearance of your scars, skin, and reduces acne breakouts. On your side profile, you do appear to have microgenia or a small chin. A chin implant can help increase your chin projection and dramatically improve your profile, neck, and jawline. It is best to have an in-person evaluation to determine the best treatment plan and appropriate implant sizes needed. Hope this helps!!Johnson C. Lee MDPlastic Surgery

Beverly Hills Physician

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

you must treat the acne before focusing on the scars. I suggest you see an expert who can address both for you at the same time.  Dr. Emer.

PIH and hypoplastic chin

Your acne has left your skin with hyperpigmentation. You need to get the acne under control with a dermatology consult. I would probably recommend Retin A, hydroquinone, and chemical peels. If scarring is found, Infini is a good choice. A chin implant would be beneficial in your case. Maybe Kybella or Coolmini would be helpful too.

Steven F. Weiner, MD