Right Breast mastectomy, left breast much smaller due to weight lose?

At the time of my mastectomy I weighed 135, since then I have lost down to 115. I wore a 34D size bra. My implanted breast has remained high and not very supple. What can I do to make it softer? My left breast is smaller and droopy. I would like for my breasts to be the same size and level with each other. I have tried to gain weight but with no success. What are my options? Will I lose sensitivity in my left nipple? Is it safe to augment my left breast due to the cancer in my right?

Symmetry procedures can improve the appearance on both sides!

Breast lifts and fat grafting can improve the reconstruction side and similarly a lift can be done on the normal side.  there are plenty of options for you.  Please Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Asymmetry After Weight Loss

Breast asymmetry is very common when only one breast has undergone a mastectomy. There are several options to correct asymmetry including fat grafting to the mastectomy side to increase softness and pliability as well a breast augmentation and a mastopexy on the left side. It is safe to place an implant on the left side even with your history of right breast cancer. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon for a formal evaluation to determine which options are best for you.

Good luck! 

C. Andrew Salzberg, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

I think that they only way to advise you is to be seen in person and evaluate the two breasts.  Certainly if better size match is desired, this more than likely can be obtained