How to Get Rid of Bump on Forehead?

A year ago, I fell head first into a wall while playing basketball. There was a large goose egg soon after the impact, and I later needed to get stitches. After the stitches were removed, I noticed a lump around the scar. It sticks out and is noticeable if I don't cover it with enough hair. It doesn't hurt, and I am able to change the shape of the bump if I press firmly on it. However, the bump returns to its normal shape a few hours later. How can I remove this bump, or make it less obvious?

Forehead osteoma

Trauma to the forehead can injure the periosteum which leads to osteoma formation or the subcutaneous tissues leading to lipoma formation.  Forehead osteomas and lipomas represent a common benign lesion found on the forehead.  When visible, it can be distressing to the patient.  While there are a variety of methods to remove these lesions, endoscopic approach with a single incision is the best.  I utilize a small incision with specialized instruments specific for osteoma removal of the forehead, which allows me to perform this procedure comfortably in an in-office setting.  Many patients can return to work in days rather than weeks with an incision conveniently hidden in the scalp.  

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead osteoma

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Diagnosing a lump on the forehead.

A forehead bump resulting from trauma can be either a resolving hematoma or seroma, or a lipoma in the late stage. A surgical consultation would help cinch the diagnosis. 

Diagnosing a lump on the forehead.