Prevelle - What Areas Does It Work For?

What areas does Prevelle Silk and Prevelle work on?

Prevelle is HA Filler treatment for fine lines

Prevelle is a non-animal hyaluronic acid similar to Restylane and Juvederm. The main difference is the concentration of HA in the gel and the presence of the anesthetic agent lidocaine in Prevelle product. In Resylane and Juvederm the concentration of HA is about 4 times greater. How does this impact treatment indications? Prevelle may be the HA best suited to treat fine dermal lines around the mouth much as we are currently using Cosmoderm. Cosmoderm is soon to become unavailable, making Prevelle Silk the filler treatment of choice for fine lines.

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Where to use Prevelle

Prevelle Silk is an FDA approved dermal filler uniquely formulated to temporarily decrease the evidence of fine wrinkles and deep tear troughs. The filler is composed of hyaluronic acid, which is naturally occurring in the body and resorbed over time. Prevelle Silk differs from other fillers in that it does not swell over time and can be injected very superficially, which is perfect for tear troughs and fine lines around the mouth and eyes.

Prevelle Silk treatments are only available through healthcare professionals who are trained and experienced in dermal filler injections. The treatments are given in an office setting, where a very fine needle is guided below the epidermis and into the connective tissues within the dermal area of the face where deep lines and folds develop. There, the filler works like a sponge within the skin, where it also absorbs water, giving you a more youthful appearance.

Prevelle Silk contains a pain-numbing lidocaine anesthetic, which keeps patient discomfort at a minimum. In most cases, Prevelle Silk treatments are performed in just minutes and require little or no down time, although bruising may occur no matter how experienced the injector. Cosmetic results are instantaneous, and the younger appearance achieved in a single Prevelle Silk treatment can last up to 4 months, after which time the body safely absorbs the biocompatible filler.

The rule with filler injections is... if it feels like a lump and looks like a lump, massage it down. If it doesn't go down with massage, it can be reversed with hyaluronidase injections. If it is a lump occuring months after the filler was injected, it could be a granuloma. Granulomas occur rarely and the treatment is steroid injection. Either way, you should speak to your practitioner about your concerns.
My best,
Sheila Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Prevelle for lips and fine lines

Because Prevelle is a softer filler, I like to use it for lips and fine wrinkles. It's longevity tends to be shorter than Juvederm and Restylane, but I have encountered less lump with it as well. It's not as "volumizing" as some of the other fillers but works well on shallow surfaces.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Prevelle is great for lips.

Prevelle is my filler of choice for lip augmentation.  It is really soft and smooth and it doesn't hurt very much to inject.  Prevelle contains local anesthetic and is well tolerated (even into a sensitive area like the lips).  Very few of my Prevelle patients have any significant bruising or swelling and really, truly could have Prevelle in the morning and go out to dinner that evening.  The downside is that Prevelle does not last as long as other filler.  Most of my Prevelle patients get injected every 4 - 6 months. 

I also like Prevelle for smokers' lines and some of the very fine facial lines.

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D. 

Lisa Lynn Sowder, MD