How long it takes to see results?

I've been using Spironolactone for 2 months now. I started the dose with 25 mg. and then after one month the dr increased it to 50 mg. However, until now i'm not seeing any improvement i think my acne is getting worse. Do I continue the tratment or should i stop it?

Worsening acne on spironolactone

I would start looking at other measures to treat your acne. Make sure you're on good topicals including Retin A. I like to use lasers for acne: Excel V, Spectra Peel, Spectra Gold toning handpiece. You definitely shouldn't be getting worse on the medication if it is to work.

Acne Solutions--Peels, Lasers, microneedling/prp, skin care

It takes 6-12 weeks for the spironolactone to work best. In the mean time, I suggest a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist about peels, microneedling/prp and/or other topical treatments.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Spironolactone and Acne

Spironolactone is an excellent treatment for hormonal type acne.  Since your acne is getting worse I suggest a formal evaluation with a board certified dermatologist to understand the cause of your acne and best treat you to avoid further acne and scars.  Best, Dr. Green