What may have caused these under eye wrinkles and what can I do about it? (photos)

I just turned 26 and have noticed the skin around my eyes getting more wrinkles and less right. Upper lids, lower lids and also crows feet that started around age 19. I used to pull my eyes tight to put my eyeliner on when I was in high school but it's still getting worse. Are there any home remedies that would work? If not, what should I do?

Under eye wrinkles

You have several options to treat your under eye wrinkles.  You could use Botox to soften your crows feet and a filler like restylane to help plump up the wrinkle in the corner of your eyes (the tear trough).  I would also recommend taking good care of your skin.  That entails gently exfoliating daily, moisturizing with SPF twice daily, drinking plenty of water, getting plenty of sleep and never, ever smoking.

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

Eyelid wrinkles start in the mid 20s-30s and can be treated with botox, lasers, microneedling/PRP. I suggest seeing an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lines under eyes

Hello, and thank you for your question! Under eye wrinkles are a very common concern.  They are also one of the more difficult areas of the face to treat.  The reason for this is simple:  Generally speaking, there are 3 things which cause aging around the eye. 

(1) Muscle contraction can cause expression lines to be come etched into the skin.  

(2) Volume loss along the cheek bones can lead to hollowing under the eyes.  

(3) The skin itself becomes weak and  stretchy with time due to loss of collagen.  

Underneath the eye all 3 of these things come together to create the perfect storm.  Therefore, non invasive treatment for under eye wrinkles can be complicated. You are young and healthy. I do not see volume loss under your eyes yet - so I would not do fillers. Botox can be used directly under the eye.  It will help some, approximately 25%, but do not expect a miraculous change from it as the muscular contribution to these lines is a relatively small. The best answer for you is to do a series of treatments to stimulate the skin to grow more collagen, so that has the ability to stand up to gravity better, which will reduce those lines. For under eye line such as yours, I generally recommend  a series of collagen building treatments such as microneedling, which can go all the way to the lash line, accompanied by a Retinoid. If you do not get your desired results after about 6  months, I would add on Botox at that time. You are young and I predict that you will have a wonderful results!

Wrinkles under eyes

If it really bothers you, then have it filled with restylane.  Seems to me the trough is getting a little deeper and that is what's giving you the impression that your eyes don't look as refreshed.  Keep up with your hydration and sleep.  These lifestyle behaviors may make enough difference.  Hope that helps,Yazdani, MD

Young with eye wrinkles

I would start a good eye cream with growth factors. I prefer the Lifeline Stem Cell Skincare. Also begin Retin A or strong Retinol. If after 6 months the improvement is not to your satisfaction, consider Botox/Dysport. Always wear sunscreen as well.

Steven F. Weiner, MD