What can I do to correct this deformity? (Photo)

I've had this odd boney protrusion on the side of my left foot since 2001. No one seems to know what caused it and no one seems to be able to fix it. It is painful to walk. It feels like it is also protruding underneath the side of my foot as well. How can I fix it? Has anyone seen this before?

No doctor answers yet