Old acne spots on my back. I have tried everything from chemical peels to bleaching pads. Nothing works? (Photo)

My entire back is covered with old acne spots. Any help is greatly appreciated. Plus, if someone would like to provide a free remove service I would greatly serve as a poster child for your practice. (Smile)

Acne Scars and Back

A combination of treatments such as bleaching creams and Retiniods with Chemical Peels and eMatrix for scars will all help to heal these scars. The full process will take months and patience to resolve.  Best, Dr. Green

Combination treatments to treat acne & acne scars

Looking at your picture, it seems like you might have some keloid scars.  I would recommend steroid injection to try to flatten them.  Laser resurfacing also helps with keloids and other type of scars associate with acne. Please remember that acne scars are very difficult to remove. The best hope is to see improvement in both color and smoothness of skin. However, there are a couple of other treatments you can try if regular chemical peels and bleaching pads don’t seem to work for you.  In our clinic we usually treat acne scars with our signature Time Machine Procedure, which is a personalized combination treatment using energy based skin resurfacing, PRP and microneedling to help smooth out the acne scars with minimal downtime and best results.  To lighten the color of the scars, we would recommend IPL, or other pigment laser treatment and stronger medical grade peels and lightening cream.  Lastly, you can also try PhotoDynamic Therapy (PDT) for persistent acne.  Not only can PDT treatment help prevent you from getting more acne, it can improve discoloration of acne scars and smooth your skin. 

Tess Mauricio, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Acne back scars

You have pigmentation problems as swell as scars. You need lasers for the pigment. Scarring can be improved with Infini and Bellafill. Other methods that can help are subcision, maybe prp, and maybe nicroneedling. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

The Best Approach Would Be a Combination Approach--Back Acne Scars Treatment with lasers, microneedling/prp and fillers

This requires a combination of lasers, microneedling/prp, subcision and fillers to get improvement. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with an acne scarring expert. Best, Dr. Emer