I'm 22 years old. I think I have what people called rolling scars. How can they be treated? (Photo)

I did some reaearch and I found a product for rolling scars named MSM cream. Should I give it a try? Can you tell me what treatment can I get instead of lasers and stuff? Do I have hope to get my skin get better by not getting my skin lasered?

Doctor Answers 2

Rolling Acne scars and Treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Your photo shows both red and deeper scars.  It would be best to do a combination of V-Beam and Fraxel laser to help treat these scars.  The V-Beam will help resolve the redness and the Fraxel will help that these scars and produce new collagen. Best, Dr. Green


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Fraxel is a laser skin rejuvenation treatment that resurfaces your outer skin, erasing imperfections. It also encourages the production of collagen, a protein found in connective tissue.The result is clearly visible lines, folds and wrinkles. Fraxel laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive technique that affects only about 20 percent of the facial skin exposed to it. The most common side effects of Fraxel laser treatment are swelling and skin redness, which should subside within a couple of days. Other temporary side effects may include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, and a bronzed skin appearance. The risk of infection or scarring is very limited. You should stay out of the sun 2-4 weeks.

Elliot M. Heller, MD
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 96 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.