I have acne scars and large pores what would be the best treatment for my skin? (photo)

Dark spots and scaring

Doctor Answers 4

Acne Scar Solutions with lasers, fillers, subcision and microneedling/prp

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A combination approach is needed. I recommend lasers, microneedling/prp, subcision and fillers. I suggest getting a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Close examination with good lighting needed.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Acne scar revision is a specialised field. For the best results, one should target the acne scar type with ideal treatments. For example deep ice pick scars, and narrow box car scars can be treated with TCA CROSS peels, mixed scars, rolling, and atrophic scars treated with fractional devices such as Fraxel, fractional lasers, PRP and INFINI radiofrequency. Atrophic scars (depressions) can be treated with either fat grafts, or with HA dermal fillers. Tethered and anchored scars are best treated with surgery. More in the video below. 

The majority of patients will have a collection of different scar types, and hence a tailored treatment METHOD will be best. Careful examination, especially under angled lighting with scar mapping will give you an understanding of what are the best options for your scars.

All the best,

Dr Davin Lim.

Laser, surgical & aesthetic dermatologist.

Brisbane, Australia.

Acne scarring with hyperpigmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I am unable to see these problems well with photo shown. In general, Infini is my preferred acne scarring treatment. Topicals such as Retin A and hydroquinone are needed. Lasers can be used for the pigmentation as well. Subcision and Bellafill can also be used for acne scarring. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 75 reviews

You might also like...

I have acne scars and large pores what would be the best treatment for my skin?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for the photo but it is hard to see any acne scarring or hyperpigmentation. For the dark spots you should start with topical bleaching creams and see the effect you get before you dive into something more aggressive. And for the acne scarring a good treatment is Collgan Inductio Thrapy or MicroNeedling would be good for you since it can be performed on all skin types and has little to no doentime. You will need a minimum of 3 treatments and probably more to get the results you are looking for. Make a skin consultation woth a cosmetic Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist and see what your options are. Good Luck! 

Bruce K. Smith, MD
Houston Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 16 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.