What are these bumps? (photo)

What are these little white bumps? They secrete white pus if they are squeezed and are located all over my cheeks and chin. They seem to turn into pimples sometimes and are noticeable if my skin is stretched. What are they, and how did I get rid of them?

Doctor Answers 1


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question. It's difficult to evaluate your skin through a photograph, but it looks like you have a combination of acne: active lesionsĀ (red pimples) and comedones (whiteheads and blackheads). There are multiple different treatments for acne including oral antibiotics, topical creams, Accutane, chemical peels, facials, light therapy, etc. In my experience, I found a combination therapy of oral antibiotics and topical creams is effective in treating combination acne. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to evaluate your skin and to discuss treatment options that best suit your needs. Take care and good luck.

Las Vegas Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.