Can scar tissue and excess cartilage be prevented?

I once had an ingrown toenail, this fantastic doctor was able to cut it in a way that it would never grow back, can this also be applied to cartilage build up? And as for scarring can it be avoided? I want to know if its worth getting my nose re done as its now been over a year since my nose was done and its still puffy and wondered if there are specialists who deal with just this and will be able to get rid of the scar tissue without making more, and substantially decrease the cartilage?

Scar buildup after surgery

I would recommend IIT and application of Plato's Scar Serum after the surgery to prevent scar buildup. 
Best, DR. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles