What treatment would be most effective in reducing the acne scars, pitting, and large pores? (photos)

I have huge pits in my face as well as huge pores that are super ugly under makeup. I'd like finer pores, smoother texture overall. What do you recommend? A peel? Needling? Laser? Thanks in advance!

Large acne pores and best treatment

A combination of injections of fillers and eMatrix laser with PRP would definitely make these scars look much better.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results. Best, Dr. Green

Acne Scar Solutions

HI, we have found success with combining BellaFill Injections along with a dermapen/laser or Vivace procedure for treating acne scars. This is the best combination to fill in and smooth out the scarring. Good luck! 

Several modalities are useful in treating acne scars

A good skin care regimen incorporating Retin-A or higher penetration retinol combination products is a good place to start and maintain acne prone skin. CO2 laser resurfacing or a series of fractionated CO2 treatments can improve large pores and acne scars. Microneedling is also a good option with potentially less down time but requires multiple treatments. An in-person, in-depth consultation is always a good place to start!

Vivian Ting, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Hidef acne scar protocol in Los Angeles

We have excellent treatments for your scars. I would use our Hidef Acne Scar Protocol that includes Yag laser, fractional laser, PDL, subcision, ematrix RF, and subcision to improve your scars. 

DR. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Acne scarring treatment

I feel the best results are a combination of Infini, Bellafill, and subcision. Perhaps adding PRP as well. You will get improvements but not resolution of your scars. You should be happy.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Acne scar treatments

Acne scars can be very frustrating for the patient especially since many of them come to us after having undergone a series of superficial peels or microdermabrasion type treatments from their spa or salon. While these treatments will take a few of the top most layers of tissue away, they often fall short of patients expectations.

Typically the most effective treatments we have involve the longest length of recovery, and also require significant sun protection to avoid hyperpigmenation or permanent dark spots. So if a patient is unable to take 3-4 months to watch their skin heal, or unable to stay out of the sun for at least 9-12 months after the most effective procedures we can offer more limited improvement.

Most surgeons advocate a series of skin treatments that eventually lead to one of three significant major procedures which are either high strength TCA peels, CO2 laser or true dermabrasion (not micro-dermabrasion) defending on the surgeons experience these are very effective. However the previous restrictions I mentioned _may_ change the course of treatment to better suit a patients lifestyle. 

Here again, the doctors experience is key, it is important to ask about the restrictions after whichever course of treatments the physician recommends, as well as the expected results, and how they will be measured. We frequently use the Vectra skin analysis to track the improvement  so our patients can feel confident of their progress.

Manish Raj Gupta, MD
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Laser

Although needling could work I suggest you see a laser dermatologist for consideration of fractional laser treatment.

Firas Al-Niaimi, MSc
London Dermatologist