Huge pores please help. (photo)

I've been suffering with acne since I was a teenager , they left big holes in my face as seen in the picture below , I'm now an adult and I don't go out much because I'm ashamed of the way my face looks .plz recommend something that's sure to help ,thank u

Doctor Answers 5

Differing Kinds Of Acne Scars Require Differing Treatments

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
While you do have evidence of dilated pores in the surrounding area, from the photo provided demonstrates true, atrophic (indented, depressed) acne scars as the predominant problems visible in the central cheek region. As is usually case, there is a mix of scars present, including pit (ice pick) scars, rolling scars and even a suggestion of boxcar scars. Pits and very dilated pores may be treated with The TCA CROSS Technique, using either full strength TCA or phenol; rolling and boxcar scars may be improved with subcision followed by microneedling. Tiny droplets of Botox may be placed in a grid fashion throughout the pitted area to achieve additional improvement. I have not been impressed with expensive fraxels, radiofrequency or ultrasound devices, which are proving themselves to be backed far more by device manufacturer supported marketing hype than hard science.For more information on any of the above, you may check out the archives of and be certain to consult wtih a board certified aesthetic physician with experience and expertise in treating acne scars. Be particularly cautioius about places interested in hawking some relatively expensive one-size-fits-all,  "next best thing" device to come along. Best of luck to you.

New York Dermatologic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I suggest seeing an expert, there are many lasers, microneedling/PRP, skin care that can give improvement.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Acne scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question. There are a few options for you to consider with your acne scarring. Microneedling and chemical peels are a great way to soften the appearance of the scarring and will help tighten pores. A series of treatments is recommended to get the best results. You could also look into the more invasive treatments such as C02 or fractional laser. Best Wishes

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 37 reviews

Acne scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Acne scars typically require multiple treatments for the best results. Options include subcision, microneedling + fractional co2 laser resurfacing. I often will perform microneedling + PRP + Co2 laser. Other options include radiofrequency microneedling & chemical peels. Good luck. Best Dr H

Sanaz Harirchian, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

Acne scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A Combination of ablative and non ablative laser would be a very good treatment choice. I had cases more severe than you and had a good response to ablative laser.

You need a direct consult with a physician first.  I hope this answer help you

Reza Akef, MD
Toronto Physician
5.0 out of 5 stars 2 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.