If I use pressure will this keloid scar go away? (photos)

Doctor Answers 2


Thank you for your inquiry. I would highly recommend seeing a professional and refrain from doing anything on your own. A plastic surgeon will be able to advise on proper treatment. Consult with one in your area and discuss all your options. Best of luck to you.

Montreal Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 22 reviews

Keloid Scar Solutions -- Fraxel, 5fu/steroids, pulsed dye/vbeam/yellow laser, surgery

I don't recommend trying to improve this on your own. This may be improved with steroid injections and lasers, but may need surgical revision. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 190 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.