I really want a permanent remedy for my dark circles. What treatment would you recommend? (photos)

I want a permanent removal of my dark circles. What are the treatments i can undergo? Are they painful?

Under eye circles

From the photos it looks like there are several issues that need to be addressed to improve the under eye circles but you need a consultation with an injection specialist to review your options.  Most likely a long lasting injectable such as Voluma may be helpful in the midface to improve the contour and peels or IPL laser may be needed for the discoloration.  Sometimes filler such as Restylane (off label) directly on the bony area around the eye is also needed.  If possible, seek out an oculoplastic surgeon who is also an injection specialist and review the options.  From the photos is looks like you have a common condition that can be treated and greatly improved by an experienced physician/surgeon.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Under eye circles

You have a combination of factors contributing to this.  You have darker pigment in the skin in this area.  This can sometimes be improved with either some light laser. You have to be very careful so that it does not get darker.  Can also try some bleaching creams.  You also have some volume deficit here. So if you add some filler such as belotero or restylane, it will plump up the skin and make is look lighter.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Depending on your examination, you may be a candidate for an artful under-eye filler treatment.

There is no "cure" for dark under-eye circles that may be related to years of chronic nasal allergy. Your photos appear to reveal under-eye grooves which may be improved with fillers, depending on your examination.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon