Why is my skin so thin and damaged? (Photos)

I'm only 21 and the skin on my face looks really old and wrinkled, especially the skin under the eye and between the cheeks. I have noticed that my nose started changing and there's deeper nasolabial folds forming. I eat healthy and I don't smoke and I try to moisturize my face and don't stay in the sun for too long. I wonder what else can I do to improve the appearance of my skin as this has really started bothering me lately.

Skin

Based on your photos, I think you have beautiful skin!  Its never too early to take good care of your skin, however.  To do this your should gently exfoliate once a day, moisturize with SPF twice daily, never sleep in your makeup, drink plenty of water, get plenty of sleep and never, ever smoke!

Damaged skin age 21

You have a pretty decent complexion based on these photos.  I see eye troughs (bags) becoming minimally pronounced, and some whiteheads on forehead, and blemishes on cheeks.  If you are eating too healthy and loosing weight, or dehydrated, your skin will lack luster and shine.  I would suggest a medical grade chemical peel to begin with, and looking at your diet for excess sugars, processed ingredients, and look at your skincare products for harsh chemicals and heavy oils.  Hope this helps,Yazdani, MD

Why is my skin so thin and damaged?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs. I do not think that your skin looks thin nor damaged but you are at the age where initiation of a few skin care habits will benefit you for decades to come. I would recommend ensuring appropriate hydration daily to maintain the volume and fullness of your skin. Hydration is best accomplished when your urine is clear to pale yellow in appearance.  Secondly, start on a good skin care regimen that incorporates a retinol, lightening cream, and sunblock to help protect your skin elasticity and treat fine lines and wrinkles.  Click the link below for more useful information.  Hope this helps.