Does Liposuction Get Rid of Cellulite?

Does liposuction work to get rid of cellulite? If so, which type of lipo is the most effective?

Smartlipo will tighten the skin

Smartlipo is a great procedure that will help to remove unwanted fat deposits. It will also help to tighten the skin while removing the fat. Cellulaze is the best procedure to get rid of cellulite. It is minimally invasive and has the ability to smooth out skin and keep it cellulite-free.

Liposuction is not a treatment for cellulite

If you truly have cellulite, the cellulaze may be a good option for you. Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Liposuction Does NOT get rid of Cellulite

Liposuction Does not get Rid of Cellulite

In fact, obesity, cellulite, stretch marks, a history of back and forth weight change, or

loose, sagging, inelastic skin, are problems which would tend toward worse results during liposuction. These problems may be worsened by this procedure and may be best addressed by other surgeries such as a leg or body lift if you have redundant skin as well (e.g. tummy tuck) to improve your appearance. 

I would recommend considering a laser surgery treatment called Cellulaze that was recently approved by the FDA last year to get rid of your cellulite. This procedure is proven to show better results even after only one session. The outcome lasts one year or longer, but you may need follow-up sessions depending on the results.

Liposuction not for cellulite

Liposuction is not used for the treatment of cellulite.  You should consider Cellulaze for cellulite.  Cellulaze is a FDA approved one time treatment that utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure and find a plastic surgeon who performs the procedure near you. Best of luck!

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

Thank you for your question. I would not suggest undergoing liposuction to reduce cellulite. Instead, I would suggest Cellulaze. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Liposuction and cellulite deposits

Liposuction can improve cellulite deposits on the body.  However, I have found excellent results with a treatment I developed known as BCT in which the cellulite is permanently corrected with minimal downtime.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Lipo generally does not eliminate cellulite.

Cellulite generally remains unchanged, and occasionally is accentuated, by liposuction.  The majority of my patients choose to combine a full course of Endermologie with the liposuction procedure.  In addition to improving cellulite, this also helps them get better results faster after surgery.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD

No

Liposuction works on the deeper layer and cellulite is more superficial. There are many claim for the cellulite ,I have tired most of them and nothing works 100%. The best tx is exercise and muscle build up. I have not seen cellulite in body builders.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Does Not Improve Cellulite

Hello and thank-you for your question!

Unfortunenately, liposuction does not gnerally improve cellulite. Cellfina is the latest break though for the treatment of cellulite. The treatment targets the fibrous bands which are the source of the dimpling in cellulite. It is most effective for the treatment of deep dimples and depressions of the buttocks and back of the thighs. it is less effective in the treatment of generalized waviness. Cellfina is a minimally invasive treatment performed in the office. We are seeing an extremely high level of satisfaction for our patients treated with Cellfina. The investigational studies for Cellfina have just been released and have shown an impressive patient satisfaction rate of 85% at 3 months, 94% at one year and 96% at 2 years. This is a very exciting solution for the many women who suffer from the embarrassment of cellulite.

Thank you, Andrew Lyos MD, FACS

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Does Liposuction Get Rid of Cellulite?

Liposuction does not get rid of cellulite. It is a method to recontour the body and treat localized areas of stubborn fat deposits. Some common locations for treatment include the abdomen, flanks, thighs, neck, and arm. Best, Dr. Khorasani

Hooman Khorasani, MD