Raised acne scar on nose. What should I do? (photos)

I have a raised acne scar on the side of my nose. It's a scar from a cystic acne 10 years ago. I have asked two dermatologists and both suggested I don't do anything. They said my scar was just a little raised so injecting will make it indented. It really affects my confidence even if it's just a little raised its still quite noticeable.

Botox Price Calculator

What would you like to change?

Total Price

See the math

Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.

Please enter a valid {{ field }}.


These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.

Doctor Answers 4

Scar on Nose - Co2 or Erbium Resurfacing

This can be treated with resurfacing or microneedling or both.  Please see an expert for improvement.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 190 reviews

Raised acne scars on your nose

Yes using sterods could be risky because you can't control it.  I would consider removing them with a laser and CO2 laser specifically

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 84 reviews

Hypertrophic facial scars? ENGLEWOOD Cliffs, NJ

In my opinion, this scar could be injected  with a dilute solution of steroid , verapamil  or 5 fluorouracil . Should that not work, a silicone gel with a micro needle roller might be of assistance. We have also used micro needling to treat these hypertrophic scars. Find an acne scar expert. Ask to see photos. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 40 reviews

Raised Scars

It is possible that a small injection might help with this scar but careful attention would have to be placed with this advanced technique.  The eMatrix may help as well. Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD
New York Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 76 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.