I have big open pores on my head face and nose by acne - please advise me what to do.

Large Facial Pores

Thank you for your question.  Large pores are best treated with topical tretinoin cream or gel.  A pea sized amount is applied to the entire face nightly or every other night.  It is normal and expected to have peeling for the first 1-3 months that will resolve after the 3 month period as long as you are consistent with using the tretinoin.  It is okay to use a moisturizer immediately after the tretinoin.  If your face stings with the tretinoin wait 30 minutes after washing your face to apply it.  It is also possible to use tretinoin every other night or every 3rd night to prevent irritation.  Tretinoin will make you more sun sensitive so I recommend a minimum of SPF30 daily and to reapply.

San Diego Dermatologist

Large pores....

Thank you for your question.  Large pores can be treated a number of ways including topically with tretinoin or our favorite way combining the Hydrafacial MD treatment with the Clear and Brilliant laser yields exceptional and fast results.  You would still need to maintain a regiment of tretinoin.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon