Hi I was just wondering is there any remedies to get rid of acne scaring

I have red hair so I am fair skinned and its really visible it makes me feel self conscious.

Clear and Brilliant for acne scarring

There are a number of laser treatments that can help to minimise the appearance of acne scarring: IPL, Fraxel and Clear and Brilliant may be worth looking in to. I love to use Clear and Brilliant due to its gentle nature - it helps to give an overall radiance to the skin as well as minimising the appearance of acne scarring. 

Acne scarring

Some of what you're seeing on your skin is not true scarring but inflammation and pigment which are treated with nonablative lasers such as a pulsed dye laser or a Q-switched YAG laser. For actual damaged collagen leading to acne scars, the newest device is a picosecond laser such as the PicoSure. 

Fraxel

Fraxel is a laser skin rejuvenation treatment that resurfaces your outer skin, erasing imperfections. It also encourages the production of collagen, a protein found in connective tissue.The result is clearly visible lines, folds and wrinkles. Fraxel laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive technique that affects only about 20 percent of the facial skin exposed to it. The most common side effects of Fraxel laser treatment are swelling and skin redness, which should subside within a couple of days. Other temporary side effects may include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, and a bronzed skin appearance. The risk of infection or scarring is very limited. You should stay out of the sun 2-4 weeks.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Acne Scars and Fair Skin

Without photos it is difficult to assess your skin and the nature of the scars. There are many modalities from V-Beam to eMatrix to correct these scars.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Acne scars

A photo would have been helpful.  Treatment usually depends on the types of scars being treated.  Superficial scars can be helped with topical retinoids, peels, microdermabrasion, fillers and laser.  Deeper boxcar scars can be improved with laser treatments.  Ice pick scars can be treated with punch excision.  Please seek a qualified professional for help.  Good Luck!

Jennifer Trent, MD, FAAD
Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon