Will insurance cover any vaginal repair if it's medically necessary? (Photo)

I have really bad incontinence only getting worse with coughing. I am 40 I had surgery in 2011 to remove a cyst they told me I have any endometrois since the surgery I have had weaker pelvic muscles even with keagal excerices. I also am constipatied which pushes my vagina outward like the coughing.

Any vaginal repair in the presence of constipation is doomed to fail

The number one reason for failing Kegel exercises is poor technique and poor instruction. When done properly with proper instruction and biofeedback, most muscles can be improved. The pressure of chronic constipation, however, will place stress on the entire pelvic floor and it until it is corrected, any surgery in this area will not give optimal results. Vaginal repairs are done to correct damage to the pelvic floor, but not to tighten muscles.

Stress Urinary Incontinence/ Vaginal Repair/Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation

Dear Shellbell0823,

Some Insurance companies, can typically cover Stress Urinary Incontinence.One of the most common Female Genital Cosmetic Surgery procedures, Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation surgery (LVR) is designed to enhance or improve a woman’s sexual gratification. Additionally, LVR surgery has been shown to help alleviate symptoms of stress urinary incontinence, such as involuntary loss of urine when laughing, sneezing, coughing, and/or exercising. The Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation can enhance vaginal muscle tone, strength, and control.

Is surgery for incontinence covered by insurance?

Yes.  Surgery for stress urinary incontinence is typically covered by most insurance plans.  Incontinence often results from damage to the ligaments holding the urethra in place during childbirth.  This can be repaired as an isolated procedure or during a cosmetic vaginal or labial procedure.  A urogynecologist or specialist in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery who also specializes in cosmetic procedures would be a good surgeon to address these issues.