Alternative Procedure for Acne Pock Mark Scars?

I have acne pock marks around my chin and chin. I would like them removed but I always read in books how you should avoid dermabrasion. I have done Chemical peels at home but I ended up breaking out in cystic acne wherever I put it. What options do I have?

Doctor Answers 1

Depressed acne scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

"Pockmarked" scars can be improved with a series of saline subcision treatments. Be prepared for temporary bruising with this procedure. Spot application with a strong chemical peel solution such as 80-100% TCA can be beneficial as well (if you can put up with a measles-like appearance for several weeks). Some of the re-surfacing lasers can be helpful as well.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.