What is the Best Treatment for my Acne Scars? (photo)

Hello. I am a 25 year old female. I've been treated for my acne by my current dermatologist for 4 months.I have many acne scar, some are deep. First 3 months she gave me liquid soap for oily and sensitive skin (Sensiderm), topical Clindamysin phosphate solution for morning and titrating dose of Retinoic Acid night cream. Last month I had a Vbeam laser treatment. At first it looks like the scars were gone due to the swelling. But now, the scars are back. Should I change to CO2 fractional laser?

Doctor Answers 2


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}



In our practice we do Profractional Laser and Micro laser peel to help minimize acne scarring. We cannot guarantee it wills remove 100% of your scars, but it will definitely make a huge difference. If you’re looking for something a little more aggressive you can also do a mini face lift to stretch out your skin making the acne scars less visible. Without an exam it’s hard to be more exact.



Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for Acne Scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

From what I can tell from the pictures, there are several depressed acne scars on both cheeks that would do very nicely with injectable fillers.  In our practice we use liquid injectable silicone which is an ideal filler for acne scarring as it is very precise and permanent.  A few of the scars look more pitted or punched out and would require other techniques than filling to be improved. Such techniques would include dermabrasion, electrosurgery, and/or punch excision. Personally, I think laser is a waste of time and money when it comes to acne scarring.  Click on the link below to view before and after photos of patients treated with silicone and electrosurgery.

Channing R. Barnett, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologist
4.1 out of 5 stars 8 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.