I'm a 24 yo male with puffy nipples. Which occur in males at the age of puberty. Is there any surgery for me in South Africa?

I have big puffy pointy nipples only. I dont have male breasts just problems with my nipples Looks ugly in vests and normal shirts I weigh about 70kgs I work out and bench press alot,do push up too. But I'm still stuck with puffy nipples.is there any surgery given in south Africa and how much Does it cost

Correcting Puffy Nipple Areola Complex & the Costs

"Puffy Nipple Areola Complex" is among the most common forms of gynecomastia. This gland and/or adipose tissue accumulation can be located under the areola or can be slightly extended outside the areola, causing the areola to appear dome shaped.This form of #Gynecomastia can be found in all age groups but is more common in young adults.
As each case is different, it is vital that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in male breast surgery. A board-certified plastic surgeon should determine if you are a suitable candidate for male breast reduction by liposuction or glandular excision. It is also crucial to have a plastic surgeon who is well-versed in the gynecomastia condition can determine if there is firm breast tissue beneath the areola that is causing the nipples to project (which is often the case), and if so, how much of this glandular tissue can be removed to create a flat appearance.
#PuffyNipple surgery generally takes only an hour or two, and the recovery time is short; sometimes less than a week. There is minimal scarring and the success rate is excellent. Therefore, patients who suffer from "Puffy Nipples", and who view it as an unaesthetic and unpleasant condition, may desire surgical intervention to correct the "puffy nipple" condition. Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue.

According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons the average #cost of #gynecomastia surgery can vary widely. #Surgery quotes should include the procedure itself, operating room facilities, anesthesia fees, surgeon’s fees, medical tests, post-surgery garments, prescription medication and other related costs. Most plastic surgery offices offer convenient finance plans that allow patients to pay a low monthly payment.
Costs will also vary with geographic location. Estimated costs can be found here on RealSelf.com, PlasticSurgery.org or Surgery.org.

Puffy nipples

Gynecomastia, or male breast development, occurs with a range of severity.  Certainly there are men who develop significant amounts of glandular tissue, but there is also a population of men who only develop a small amount of gland behind the areola, producing a "puffy" appearance and making the nipple areola complex appear prominent, often visible in clothes.  This frequently can be treated with a simple surgical procedure performed under local anesthesia in the office setting.  I would encourage consultation with a plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Larry Lickstein, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon