What's the difference between needling and laser when treating acne scars on my nose?

Acne Scars on the Nose

Needling is a technique which uses an instrument with very fine needles that is used to roll over the skin. It makes small wounds in the skin that encourages collagen production. Healing lotions can be applied to the skin after the treatment. Lasers are light waves which are produced by the electric stimulation of a liquid or solid and causes photons of light to be emitted on a single wavelength. This wavelength of light targets imperfections like blood vessels, pigmentation, acne scars, fine lines and wrinkles.

Fullerton Dermatologic Surgeon

Treating acne scars and the most effective method

Treating acne scars is a complex process and depends on the depth of the scars and your facial tone and skin color.  Not all lasers are for all patients.  There are multiple treatments involved and can also be more than one laser if you are treating redness or discoloration as well as "ice pick" scars.  I prefer the Fraxel and eMatrix for these indications.  Micro needling is not as effective as the lasers are.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with these lasers for the best cosmetic results.