I am 29 years old and have started noticing deep under eye wrinkles when I smile. Is there anything I can do? (photos)

All photos are of me without make-up. You will see the wrinkles appear under my eyes when I smile. I look young overall, but I am feeling really self-conscious about the fact that they are so pronounced. I don't want to stop smiling! I am good about wearing SPF and taking good care of my skin; that said, my skin is very fair and has been burned more times throughout my life than I am willing to admit. I really started taking care of my skin more seriously about 10 years ago when I was 19. Help!

Under Eye Wrinkle Treatment

Thank you for your question and we understand your concerns.  We recommend you find an experienced physician in your local market.  You would probably benefit from a combination approach based on your needs and budget.  After a complete consultation, we normally recommend various options from physician grade products, BOTOX/XEOMIN, filler and possible lasers.  It really depends your needs, concerns and budget.  It may be as simple as BOTOX/XEOMIN injections every 3-6 months and ALWAYS wear a quality sunscreen.

Fort Worth Physician

Treatments for around the eyes

Thank you for your questionkdanielsmn13. The areas around the eyes are concerning for many people. I always recommend using a good eye product. This can be hard to find. In our office we just started carrying our Green Teat Enlightening Eye Cream, which works well for fine lines, wrinkles, puffiness, bags, and dark circles. If wrinkles are more pronounced when smiling Botox can be used to relax the muscles and smoothen out the overlying wrinkles. Fractional lasers can be of further benefit. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. We are happy to offer free consultations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

I suggest a combination approach with lasers, fillers, skin care and microneedling/PRP for treatment of under eye wrinkles and optimal results. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer