Ematrix V.3 OR Dermabrasion. (photos)

Hi, i am 22 years old asian women (light brown skin tone). I have severe acne scar (rolling, box scar, etc). The acne scars arise during junior high school. Please Kindly direct me which method treatment would be the right option for better results for my skin. How about ematrix v.3 or dermabrasion? I visited two doctors. One recommended ematrix and the another recomended dermabrasion. Here i attach my photos. Thanks a lot.

Ideally neither.

With those scars, eMatrix will not have the power (even at 100 mj per pin) to make a big difference. This treatment however is safer than dermabrasion. Given your skin type you should undertake insulated microneedling with RF, or even fractional CO2 at high power low density. I often combine this with PRP. You will require fillers at the end as your scars are extremely atrophic. All the best, Dr Davin S. Lim. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

The right combination to help facial scarring--TCA cross, peels, Co2, lasers, microneedling/prp

A combination approach is needed for these types of scars. I recommend a combination of lasers, microneedling/prp, TCA cross, punch excision, peels and fillers. I recommend a formal consultation with an acne scarring expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Severe acne scarring in Asian skin

If you have only those choices, eMatrix is better. Dermabrasion will leave you hypopigented and more scarred. I would prefer to use Infini, Bellafill, and subcision. Your scarring is significant and would require multiple treatments. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Acne scar treatment

Rolling scars respond beautifully to Bellafill injections.  The injection is performed immediately after the base of the scars has been released with a needle (subcision).  Bellafill is a filler with a 5 year duration and has an FDA approval for acne scar treatment.

Elysa Fisher, MD
Wilmette Plastic Surgeon

Ematrix V.3 OR Dermabrasion

Hello and thank you for the photos you shared. There are several steps you may need to take but you can get some major improvement. First you need to find a good plastic surgeon that specializes in acne scarring. You can benefit from excision of the deeper scars first and then some very aggressive microneedling treatments(6-10) or dermabrasion is another option. The only thing is that with the dermabrasion you need to be very careful and prep the skin first to prevent any post imflammatory hyperpigmentation from occurring. This is a deeper treatment and more side effects can occur if the skin is not prepared first. I wish you luck!

Bruce K. Smith, MD