Prevelle vs Juvederm or Restylane?

What is the difference between Prevelle, Juvederm and Restylane. If they are all hyaluronic fillers what makes Prevelle different?

How Prevelle is different from Restylane and Juvederm

You are correct that all 3 are hyaluronic acid fillers. The main difference between Prevelle and Restylane or Juvederm is longevity and cost. Prevelle doesn't last as long, but it also doesn't cost as much. I have used it quite a bit in patients who want results now but can't afford a more expensive product, and in patients who are nervous about how they will look with fillers. This way if they like it, they can return for a longer-lasting product.

Prevelle also has lidocaine in it, so you don't necessarily need additional numbing before injection. This is no longer unique, however, since both restylane and juvederm now come in versions that have lidocaine in them.

Basically Prevelle lasts up to 3 months, but it varies by location and may disappear much sooner. Restylane tends to last closer to 6 months, and Juvederm even longer.

The main thing you should look for when interested in fillers is an experienced injector. Most of the problems people have from all types of fillers is related to injection technique, which may be lack of experience, lack of knowledge of the anatomy, or a different idea of what is attractive. (For example, nice-looking lips to you may be completely different from what your injector thinks is attractive.) Be clear with what you want and find a plastic surgeon or dermatologist who listens and knows how to safely deliver those results.

Good luck!

Prevelle Silk vs. Restylane vs Juvederm

One of the newest products on the hyaluronic acid band wagon is Prevelle Silk. This product has been introduced my Mentor Corp., the makers of breast implants and a subsidiary of Johnson and Johnson.

The primary difference with this product is that it is very short lasting. Most of the other hyaluronic acid products last at least six months (Restylane). Preville Silk lasts about 2 months at most.

I love this product for patients that are new to fillers and are concerned what their appearance will be after the filler is injected. If they like their appearance with the filler then I have them come back for a longer lasting filler. In addition because it is so short lasting it is the most inexpensive of the fillers.

Prevelle silk is a hyaluronic acid filler

Prevelle silk is a relatively new hyaluronic acid based soft tissue filler similar to Restylane and Juvederm. The main differences are that Prevelle Silk contains lidocaine so it is a more comfortable procedure and it is also known to result in less downtime with respect to swelling and bruising. For these reasons, it is an especially great filler for someone starting out who has never been treated with fillers before. Results are not as long-lasting as some of the other fillers as they typically last only for 3-4 months, however, the costs are usually substantially less than other fillers- around $350-$400 per syringe depending on your location. It is also a very soft filler so it is particularly useful for the lips.

Ritu Saini, MD

Prevelle is different from Juvederm and Restylane

Prevelle is different from Juvederm and Restylane because it contains lidocaine and because it is "thinner". I use a lot in the lower eyelid area to fill in hollows. The lower eyelid area tends to swell with injections and the swelling lasts longer with Juvederm than with Prevelle. The downside of Prevelle is that it may not last as long but I find in the lower eyelid area that it lasts many months. Hope this helps.

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Prevelle

Prevelle is different from Juvederm and Restylane and Perlane in that it has lidocaine premixed into it and it lasts a very short time (3 months v. one year or more). It seems to swell less.

I rarely use it due to its short duration as most people would like their correction to last as long as possible. It is safe but just less effective in duration.

Shawn Allen, MD
Boulder Dermatologist

Prevelle Silk

Prevelle Silk is an FDA approved dermal filler uniquely formulated to temporarily decrease the evidence of fine wrinkles and deep tear troughs. The filler is composed of hyaluronic acid, which is naturally occurring in the body and resorbed over time. Prevelle Silk differs from other fillers in that it does not swell over time and can be injected very superficially, which is perfect for tear troughs and fine lines around the mouth and eyes.

Prevelle Silk treatments are only available through healthcare professionals who are trained and experienced in dermal filler injections. The treatments are given in an office setting, where a very fine needle is guided below the epidermis and into the connective tissues within the dermal area of the face where deep lines and folds develop. There, the filler works like a sponge within the skin, where it also absorbs water, giving you a more youthful appearance.

Prevelle Silk contains a pain-numbing lidocaine anesthetic, which keeps patient discomfort at a minimum. In most cases, Prevelle Silk treatments are performed in just minutes and require little or no down time, although bruising may occur no matter how experienced the injector. Cosmetic results are instantaneous, and the younger appearance achieved in a single Prevelle Silk treatment can last up to 4 months, after which time the body safely absorbs the biocompatible filler.

Juvederm and Restalyne are also HA fillers that last longer and are more expensive.  I would not recommend Juvederm in the tear troughs... Restalyne is better there.  I would not use either Restalyne or Juvederm very superficially like I can use Prevelle.

The rule with any filler injections is... if it feels like a lump and looks like a lump, massage it down. If it doesn't go down with massage, it can be reversed with hyaluronidase injections. If it is a lump occuring months after the filler was injected, it could be a granuloma. Granulomas occur rarely and the treatment is steroid injection. Either way, you should speak to your practitioner about your concerns.
My best,
Sheila Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Prevelle vs Restylane vs Juvederm

All three #PrevelleSilk, #Jeuvederm, and #Restylane are all Hyaluronic Acid, HA, fillers. The difference lies in that Prevelle though less expensive doesn't seem to last as long as other fillers. #Voluma Seems to last the longest of the HA fillers available in the USA.

Prevelle vs. other HA fillers

Prevelle lasts about 1/2 as long as Restylane or Juvederm and it cost about 1/2 as those longer lasting fillers cost.  I really, really like Prevelle for lips because it is very soft and it doesn't hurt that much when injected.  It is also a nice filler for patients who aren't sure if they will like a filler.  If they don't like it, it won't last as long.  That being said, I've only had one patient out of jillions who didn't like her filler. 

Lisa Lynn Sowder, MD

Prevelle is a very soft dermal filler

All these products belong to the hyaluronic acid family. They are different in terms of their molecular size, cross linking etc.

I found PREVELLE to be a very soft filler that also contains lidocaine. This makes the procedure technically pain free. I was very happy for using it in the fine lines around the mouth, the lips etc.

There is a difference in longivity between the three - Prevelle does last less.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Prevelle Silk is an Excellent Short Acting Dermal Filler That Costs Less Than Juvederm or Restylane

As a plastic surgeon today I am fortunate to have many different options available to correct facial wrinkles, add volume to the face and enhance the lips.

Prevelle Silk is another excellent addition to this group and in my experience is great for the wrinkles around the face and adding volume to the lips. I think of using it in three situations:

1. When a patient can't afford Restylane and Juviderm which which usually costs $500 for each vial. These are also excellent hyaluronic acid dermal fillers. They are great for nasolabial folds, lip wrinkles, marionette lines and adding volume to the lips. A typical correction of these ares will require one or two vials.

2. When a patient is anxious about using dermal fillers and want to try something less expensive and that lasts a shorter time. The cost for Prevelle is about $250-300 and the duration of action is 3 - 4 months.

3. When a patient has an event that same night or wants little or no down time. Because of it's smooth consistency and the fact that lidocaine is mixed with the product it is easy to inject and does not require dental blocks or local injections. There is little or no bruising and minimal swelling so a patient could have the lips or lines around the mouth injected and attend an event that night.

Other points:

I use more Restylane and Juviderm because most patients want these longer lasting dermal fillers. Micro-structural fat grafting and Sculptra are great options for adding volume to the cheeks and temporal hollows and can make a bigger difference as far as youthfulness because they replace the lost volume.